CHOICE Advisory is a FREE senior housing and care referral agency. To receive assistance, call us any day of the week from 8:30AM to 8:30PM.
Define the Service
- What is in-home care?
- What is the difference between home health and home care?
- What is the difference between home care and chore services?
- How do I know if Iím ready for in-home care?
- What is live-in care?
- What is respite care?
- What is hospice care?
- What my parent needs is to get out more - what transportation options are available?
- What are the alternatives to in-home care?
Arranging for services
- Talking to a parent about arranging for in-home care.
- How do I arrange for in-home care?
- How many hours a day and how frequently should I schedule assistance?
- What is a care or case management agency?
- What does a case or care management agency do?
- How do I select a caregiver or nurse?
- What should be my expectation of an in-home caregiver?
- What is an assessment?
- What is a plan of care?
- What is a change of condition?
- What is the cost of in-home care?
- Does Medicare pay for in home care?
- Does Medicaid/ COPES (state assistance) help pay for in-home care?
- What is Medicaid/COPES planning?
- Does long-term care insurance pay for in-home care?
- Are there any benefits available for veterans?
- What if we donít qualify for in-home care?
- How often are there rate increases in care?
Licensing and regulations
- How are in-home care agencies licensed?
- What can in-home care legally do for an older adult?
- What is nurse delegation?
- What if I want to file a complaint against a caregiver or an agency?
- 3 misconceptions of in-home care
- What is the transition period like when first having a caregiver in the home?
- What tasks should other family members keep doing and which tasks should we arrange for through in-home care?
- How do I arrange for medical services if my parent canít get out of the house easily?
- How do I arrange to get medical equipment and medical supplies for my parent?
- Is in-home care a short-term fix?
Call CHOICE at 800-361-0138 for a free,
in-home consultation or guidance by phone or email